Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Ties to the Blood Moon

Ties To The Blood MoonTies To The Blood Moon by Robin P. Waldrop
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the beginning, I will admit, this felt so very similar to Twilight. So many elements felt familiar. But I will quickly add that it did change about a third of the way in. I began this book at about 11:30 at night... I finished it at 5 in the morning, having been unable to put it down. Without realizing it, I was pulled into the entire story! It utterly shocked me when I was finished and realized that my alarm was due to go off in 30 minutes. Oops!

My only couple of complaints, really, are how highly emotional our heroine was... at times, it seemed a little overboard. And also how quickly the romance/love triangle thing developed. It was quite a bit rushed and felt a tad bit unnatural. Though, we are talking about extraordinary beings here. Still, I would have liked to have seen the tension of that drawn out a bit further.

Overall, I think this was a fairly well written book and I will be beginning the second one soon! Though... I may give it a night's rest before I start the second one to catch up on what I missed by reading this first one!

*This book was provided freely by the author for my honest review.*

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment