Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Beautiful Creatures


Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Synopsis: Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I am... wow... I've heard so many things about this book and finally decided to see for myself what all of the commotion was about. I am so glad I did. Beautiful Creatures is a book that is so hard to put down once you start it. The connection you form with each character makes everything so much closer.

I love this take on the supernatural, how everything just isn't how we thought it would be, ultimately. Everything is slightly twisted. Ethan and Lena form a realistic bond that have you cheering for them even when odds are against them. And facing a small town mentality puts up a huge obstacle for them. You can really FEEL that tension.

The ending... ah, the ending really tore me apart.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves the supernatural and good tension in a storyline.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment